John F. O’Reilly Esq.
John F. O’Reilly is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of O’Reilly Law Group, a full-service law office providing legal services in all business and personal legal matters including litigation, gaming, real estate, business and entertainment, among others. Mr. O’Reilly and the firm have been extensively involved in many of the major lawsuits in Nevada over the past several decades. His 40+ years of experience as an attorney includes a broad range of businesses, business transactions and business litigation, including numerous multi-million dollar lawsuits.
Mr. O’Reilly’s accounting and business background is an asset to litigation clients as well as in business transactions and in resolving business issues. His experience in the audit and tax departments of the international public accounting and consulting firms of Arthur Anderson & Co. and Ernst & Ernst (now Ernst & Young), as Chairman of the Nevada Gaming Commission, as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of a publicly traded company listed on the New York Stock Exchange, and as a member of numerous boards of directors uniquely qualifies Mr. O’Reilly to address the multitude of legal issues that arise in the business world.
Mr. O’Reilly’s educational background includes a Juris Doctor Degree, a Masters Degree in Business Administration from UNLV, and a Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Accounting. In addition, he has completed the Stanford Director’s College program as well as numerous other educational programs. His experience as a licensed contractor and real estate broker/developer, in law enforcement, and as a regulator, along with his educational background, enable Mr. O’Reilly to identify, and counsel clients in the development and management of, business opportunities and entities.
Mr. O’Reilly currently serves as:
- Immediate Past President of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) in Las Vegas
- Chairman/Founder of Vision 2020 . . . TODAY, Inc. (formed to initiate and participate in the planning process involved in establishing the Southern Nevada Region as the “Global Community of the 21st Century”)
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of O’Reilly Gaming Group
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Business Resource Group
- Chairman of the University Medical Center of Southern Nevada Governing Board
- Chairman of Nevada Medical Center, Inc.
- Member of the UCLA Health System Board
- Member of the Executive Committee of UNLV Foundation Board of Trustees
- Member of the MGM Macau Compliance Committee
- Owner of Renco, Inc. (licensed as Renco Construction since October 1980 and as Renco Realty since April 1985)
Mr. O’Reilly’s experience in numerous areas of law including litigation, hospitality, gaming, tax, construction, insurance, labor, real estate, corporate and bankruptcy enables him to effectively lead the O’Reilly Law Group team of lawyers in providing a full range of legal services to their clients.